Building a company-wide data culture is hard. That's why we built Trevor.io: to make it easy for teams to access, explore, and derive insights from their database data, without help from an engineer or analyst.
A playground for data exploration
Trevor makes it easy for everyone on your team to explore and query your database data, even if they can't write code. You can see Trevor's interface in action here.
What really sets Trevor apart is the power and flexibility it gives users to answer ad hoc questions, without having to write any code.
Trevor is easy to set up (it typically takes about two minutes), is simple, safe, and secure to use, and works out of the box.
Who uses Trevor?
Trevor is used by data-powered growth, product, customer support, and exec teams, at companies like:
Carwow, a platform that takes the stress out of finding and buying a new car, backed by leading VCs behind success stories like Facebook, Spotify and Dropbox.
Lexoo, a London based marketplace that helps companies find the right lawyer and get legal work done.
Trail, a SaaS company serving the likes of Itsu, Tossed, Li Group and lots of others.
And many others across Europe and the US, to answer questions like:
- How many people signed up in the last 7 days, in region X?
- What actions has this user taken? How did they get into their current state?
- Which marketing channel generated the most revenue last month?
- How many of our customers have purchased more than once, and what's the average length of time between original and repeat purchases?
- We didn't hit our principal KPI last month - what factors contributed to this?
- What's our churn rate and how is this changing over time?
- Who bought the blue one, and what else did those customers buy?
And so many more questions, the answers to which help people make better decisions and be more effective at their jobs.
Getting set up
Getting set up is quick and painless. Simply:
- Create an account (Heroku users can also provision Trevor via the Heroku Elements Store).
- Connect to your database.
- If you need to, whitelist our IP address.
And that's it. In the background, Trevor will derive the relationships between your tables, and also generate some query suggestions based on your data.
Account admins can then:
invite team members to collaborate (using their company email, Google, or Heroku accounts). Collaborators can access and query your data but cannot invite new users or view your credentials.
simplify your database by creating master tables, and hiding unnecessary (or sensitive) tables and/or columns.
set global team limits, including row limits (on exports) and query timeouts.
Features people love include:
- Trevor's Drill down buttons, which let you to drill down across tables to find related data.
- Smart search, which enables you to easily find and access specific tables, columns, records, and saved views (and also makes query suggestions based on your search).
- Trevor's ER Diagram, which is a visualisation of your database schema (showing all the relationships between your tables).
Our top priority is keeping your data safe. To learn about our security policies and protocols, please visit our security page.
We currently support:
Are you using something else? Let us know.
Free trial and pricing
You can see details of each of our paid plans here. You can test these free for 30 days. Our Developer plan is free forever.
We take support seriously and aim to respond to support requests within 12 hours. However, we use Intercom (the blue icon in the bottom right of our webpage) and have team members logged in all the time, which means we're usually on hand to respond to questions within 10 minutes.
What our customers say
I had been looking for an out of the box data analytics platform for months. Trevor is in a league of its own when it comes to this.
Guy, Co-founder at Tribe
We're super happy with Trevor!
Emma, Managing Director at HoneyPot
We got Trevor set up in lightening speed and were able to start exploring and querying our data straight away. The instant insight into our data and ease and flexibility of querying means more fact and less guesswork in decision making for everyone from the product team to our customer success managers.
Joe, CEO at Trail
Have a question? Email us at [email protected]